Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Crisis Averted

 Welcome Back to a better post and better frame of mind.

I had a little talk with myself after my Labor Day weekend, which involved making some lists of where my knitting needed to go and tonight, I've been doing a little research on trips to Shetland.  Now, before we get all excited, there are no plans right now, but if you have watched my podcast, you know that it is on my bucket list, and so, I decided to just get a feel for some companies/people who have organized these trips and also, to see what the cost is, what they encompass etc.  That is about the extent of it.

The hot weather today here at Chez PJKnits has finally broken.  We've been in the 70s all day, cloudy, and quite a breeze.  The perfect day for reflection on some more sweaters to knit for Winter and most of all the perfect day to block a sweater and a shawl.



I will share more about them on the podcast later this week, as well as here and on my Ravelry project page, pjknits1.  

It felt so good to get the shawl off the needles earlier this morning and to block both of them.  The sweater has been done for a week, and has just been sitting there patiently for its bath.  The cool weather and nice breeze today and tonight is perfect for drying.

Now, that the sweater and shawl are behind me, I can concentrate on a couple of other sweaters that I have been wanting to get back to.  But, this happened on one of them today.


I have never had this happen with my Chiagoo needles, ever.  I have plenty of cords, it is not that, I just was so surprised when I felt this pop.

Oh well.  Popped the stitches on a smaller needle with a really long cable that I keep in my notions pouch, and knit them back onto a new cable.

Crisis averted!  Hope your weather is becoming Fall like and there are sweaters in your future too!


No comments: