Sunday, November 07, 2004

It's that time of year again. No, I know what you are thinking - holidays. No, actually, it is that time when I have to start thinking about cleaning up my son's room (the one who went away to college) , the one I take over his room every fall. And then long about now, I have to figure out where I am going to put all of the yarn that I stashed in his room. And now this year I have my lia sophia jewelry selling stuff all over. So I start cleaning and moving the yarn to the dining room, remembering how it looks come the holidays amongst all the decorations -- all of those boxes and bags and plastic bins of yarn stacked.

And when I start doing this, I say to myself, you do not need to go with in 50 miles of a yarn shop until you get rid of the Dell box of yarn you keep carting back and forth! I seriously need help. I am addicted to yarn and buying yarn. Is there a cure? Physician, cure thyself. So in my humble words, Knitter, knit something! And that is just what I am going to do. Take it one project at a time, oh okay, okay, several projects at a time.

But now the next thing, while rearranging I ran across several bags of leftover yarn. Why am I keeping these after all of the whole balls I see sitting there? Why, when my mother-in-law asked me a few weeks ago if I had any extra yarn for a friend of hers who knits stuff as her mission, did I look increduoulsy at her as if she had two heads, and declare I have no spare yarn! I could afford to donate those leftovers to her friend, heck, I could afford to give her a bag of that yarn in the Dell box. And now I feel so much better for saying that out loud, tomorrow, I will open the Dell box and deliberate as to what bag has got to go. Do I give her the ugly drab green or give her one of the pretty blue or pink ones? Oh, why are these decisions so hard? Somone help me!!

No comments: