Friday, March 09, 2018

Friday Finds

Why yes we shopped while on vacation, and I added to the stash with some things that I cannot wait to cast onto.



We had a bit of time to kill on the first day so we went outlet shopping.  I found a nice little bag that is going to double as a knitting bag and purse when I am traveling.  We kicked out a few before I settled on this Kate Spade beauty.


It just goes to show that a small shop can be jammed packed with good yarns in a small space.


 We made two trips to this shop, and I have a nice little bag of goodies that I am itching to cast on.


A couple of baby things and Cozette yarn in the front that is going to be a poncho for this Spring/Summer.


I don't needlepoint any more, but this shop was unbelievable!  So many beautiful canvases.


I still managed to buy something.  This light is going to be so cool for traveling especially in those hotel rooms that have bad lighting!



On our way home, we mapped out a few yarn shops to break the trip back up.  I have been wanting to go to A Good Yarn forever and but of course, I found some things.


When I bought the top yarn, I envisioned a tank, but when I held this up to both a dress that I have and a top for Summer, this would make a great little sweater or a wrap to go over both.  The bottom yarn is going to be a shawl as yet to be decided.  AND, I got a wrist ruler in my size.


The second day we went to Eat.Sleep.Knit outside of Dallas, Georgia.  This shop has everything!  For me, it was the find of the trip home.  I order online from them, but the shop should not be missed!  I cannot say enough good thins about it!


The Madelinetosh yarns on the top and bottom are going to be part of the 40 Months/40 Cowls project.  The center one is the find of the trip!!!  Sea Silk for a wrap that I plan on knitting for Baby Boy B's wedding next year!

Last shop was Haus of Yarn in Nashville.  Great yarns and samples knit up that make you want to knit them.


 I've been eyeballing this Birds of a Feather pattern for sometime, and the Haus of Yarn had something they picked out that reminded me of it.  Had to buy it!


I've got some knitting to do now and am so excited to cast on.

No comments: