Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Catching Up!

It's been spotty here at Chez PJKnits lately.  I can only blame it on work.  It has been a bit stressful the last couple of months, and most nights when I get home, all I want to do is sit.
Hopefully, it will all calm down in the next month and a couple of projects will come together, and I'll be able to enjoy the Summer and some knitting vacations I have planned.

But, in the meantime, lets catch up.  Whats on the needles?  Well, right now, I am really trying to concentrate on some Summer sweaters, but it is hard, because I want to cast on all kinds of things.  Right now, I am knitting away on my Friendship Road Sweater.  I am finally at the rib!


I am hoping to finish by the first of next week, I am so ready to move on.  Hey, I think these capris might be a great match for wearing with soon to be new sweater.

I'm trying to read more this Summer,  even though there is not a whole lot of time for reading these days, I do try to read a bit every day from the latest of Diana Gabaldon's books.  Have you all been watching Outlander on Starz these last couple of years?


Every morning lately, I have been shutting off the t.v. after the first half hour of getting up.  I get ready for work and then sit and spend a couple of pages with The Joy of Color by Janine Bajus.  As soon as I have my fill of Summer sweaters, I am going to embark  some color work knitting for Fall and Winter.  I figure by the time Knitting Camp in July is done, I'll be so psyched to knit some color work that I'll be nice and prepared.


That's the latest for now, Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you Moms and stand-in Moms!  I was particularly moved this Mother's Day, when my nephew texted me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and then responded, and thank you for all you've done over the years.


Flowers from my boys, spouse, fiancee and grandkids.  

No comments: