Sunday, September 03, 2017

Fall For Shawls 2017

I looked back at 2016's post on the start of Fall Shawl knitting… Oh boy, I still have some there that I need to knit and some that I'll probably re-blog about this Fall.

The temps have been so nice this last week here in Central Illinois and this morning I am blogging from my front porch!  I am so excited about the shawls that I have picked out to start off this season knitting and finishing.  I am on a quest the latter part of this year to finish up some WIPS and knit from my stash.


My friend Cheryl Oberle published a new set of shawls just a few weeks back.  All are knit from Nature Spun, but I am testing my super powers of knitting to try knitting my first one out of this lovely Foothills Fingering from Lost City Knits.  This yarn is so scrumptious and I went out of my color box this Summer at Camp and bought Berry Jumble.  I must like the color way, because I have it in Lace from her as well.  The pattern is Fir Cones Lace Simple and I may end up doubling it which would mean a bit of yarn chicken as I have just enough.  We are doing a Knit Along over on the Knitaway Ravelry Group starting the 22nd, so join us if you are so inclined.


I also pulled out a WIP from this beautiful Sea Pearl yarn from Briar Rose Fibers.  I am a fan of Chris' yarn and well, I may have about three or four different colorways in this yarn.  This shawl I am calling my Sea Peddler, because it is from Sea Pearl and I may use the lace from Cheryl's Wool Peddler Shawl or may make one of my own up.


I am hoping this shawl is ready for Finally Finished Friday!  Fog Shawl by the Violet Pie has been on the needles way too long and I have ripped back the end section more times than I wanted to.  I tried to stop after a stockinette section and add the garter, but knew when I was half way across that it was really going to roll even if I blocked, so I am finishing with as much lattice as I can stand and hopefully will have enough for the last garter rows and the bind off.  This one I am taking both yarns to the max on them.


And finally, the Hospice Shawl.  I was a bit worried this would not be big enough with the one skein.  Luckily, there was another skein left at the Hospice Home last time, so I picked it up and will use it if when I get to the end of my skein, I can add another if I want.


I think that is a good start for this Fall, even though it is not officially here until later in the month and the temps here are going to be in the 90's tomorrow just to show us that Fall is coming just not this week!  Happy Knitting!

No comments: