Sunday, December 31, 2017

Though We've Got To Say Goodbye

Good-bye 2017!  How quickly you went by, how slowly the knitting seemed.  I get a kick out of looking at what I accomplished in my knitting year every December 31st.  It seems like there should be so much more on this list in the field of sweaters.  Something as you will see below, I am going to rectify for 2018.  Here is the tally for 2017.

10 Shawls - Hospice included here
5 Blankets  - and here
1 Tank Top
2 Pullovers
1 Cardigan
2 Hats
1 Cowl
1 Christmas Stocking
1 set of Hand Warmers
1 Blanket Square

Wonder what 2018 will bring?  These are my goals (knitting and otherwise) for 2018:

Fish or Cut Bait WIPS, 1 per month.  Every first of the month, I am going to reach into my chest of WIPS and pull a project bag out randomly.  No shoving it back in if I don't like the project.  For that month, I have to knit on it or rip it out, re-purpose or toss the yarn and move on.

Knit sweaters for me from my stash, from patterns I have accumulated.  I've got some **nice sweater quantities in my stash and some great patterns and books in my library.  It is time to take advantage of them.  My goal is to knit at least two per season = 8 sweaters for 2018.

Knit from stash **see above.  Unless, I absolutely have nothing in the stash ( like a baby yarn in a particular color way).  The Yarn Stores are gonna miss me.  Side note - yarn souvenirs are acceptable.

Knit for Stitches Midwest 2018 - the Knit Wits have a little contest that we have to knit for next year's SMW out of the purchases from last year ( and someone sweetened the challenge by suggesting we do three items, one from each of the past three years, okay, that might have been me who suggested that part)

Knit for Knit Camp and get them blocked and ready for July before July.  To accomplish this one, I am reinstating my thought that every night, at 10pm, the t.v. must go off, and I work on my knit camp project for one hour in piece and quiet.  Then off to bed by 11 pm on work nights.

On the non-knitting front, well, it is the same ole thing.  Eat better, lose some weight (did I mention I am going to Florida for a girls week the first of March), get more walking in, prepare something besides an apple and peanut butter for lunch every work day, and just all the round prepare more for the work day.  Most of all enjoy life, laugh lots, have fun and try (emphasis on try) to not sweat the small stuff in 2018!  Life is just too dang short as I have discovered more than once in 2017.

Have a safe New Year's Eve and I'll catch you on the purl side!











No comments: