Sunday, April 07, 2019

Play Ball!

It should be no surprise dear readers that I plan AND have a lot of projects not only on the needles, but circulating around in my brain.  My dear friend Norma was so much like me and  had a grand way of deciding what to be crafting on.  She worked on a different project every day.  That way, they all got a little time devoted to them.

I decided this baseball season, to kind of take her idea and change it up to suit me and my deadline projects.  I am going to knit on some specific projects during all of the Cardinal games that are on t.v. And like baseball games, who switch out a starting pitcher each time, I have decided to take these projects and work on a different one each game.  


These are the first three projects/categories up.


The Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle.  This rectangular wrap is knit out of Hikoo Rylie and is for Hospice.  I love knitting it so much that I had a thought this might be a shawl I could knit another one out of later this Spring and Summer.  This pattern repeat is pretty easy to knit from the chart and watch baseball or attend a Hospice meeting.


Second up, is Purl Ridge Cowl #2.  I had some leftover baby pink from Sweet Pea's blanket last year and decide to use some of it for the 40 Months/40 Cowls project.  I am sure there may be some pink lovers who will like this one.  And super easy to watch baseball by.


And last up is a baby blanket.  I have two to do before July and plenty of the Jelli Beanz yarn for two, so we may see this yarn and color way for sometime this baseball season.


Each of these will get a rotation every third game and I am hopeful for some wins in the column for my knitting and for my team the St. Louis Cardinals!  Play ball er, I mean lets knit!


No comments: