Sunday, June 02, 2019

Another Ah Ha Moment

Sometimes, I just have to stop and figure things out.

Today was a beautiful Sunday in Central Illinois, which meant I should have been outside enjoying it, but as most of my Sundays go, sometimes, I just need a day to get some things resolved.

Our son is getting married in August and on my mind lately have been shower invitations, rehearsal invitations, what to wear to both showers, what am I going to wear to the wedding and what shoes can I get that will be comfy and my fixed foot won't grown at.  All of these have been weighing heavily on my mind, but this morning, with the help of friends who I appreciate their giving it to me straight, I have narrowed down the wedding dress to to possibilities, which I am waiting for the second one to be shipped and then the final decision will be made.  I have ordered yet another pair of sandals from Zappos.  Thank goodness for their liberal return plans.  I have tried a lot of shoes on so far.  And the invites, well, one is on their way to me and the other, I will firm up later next week.  So at least on the wedding front, things are definitely looking up!

Now for the knitting.  Can you stay overextended?  Not really over extended, I guess, but more I want to knit all the things for all the people and all of them have deadlines of 2 1/2 weeks from now to the end of the month.  On the positive side, if I stick to my eating only at meal times, and stay focused on the knitting, I shouldn't have a problem getting the June deadlines done and maybe shed a pound or two!  I will blog about the projects next week.

An interesting ah ha moment this morning came to me while watching stories on instagram.  I get so many ideas from Instagram for my knitting and this one was truly a moment that elated me.  As I have been quite honest before about, I, like many women dislike our upper arms.  I never wear sleeveless, well, there was one time when it was stinking hot at a wedding outside and I  said the heck with it and took my black long sleeve jacket off, but for the most part, my arms have to be covered.

At work, I wear tanks, but always have the simple crew neck, button down front on over it.  This lack of wanting to bare the arms in public, frustrates me, because there are so many cute sweaters to be knit out there that have these little cap sleeves.  Now, sure I can make the sleeves longer and wear them and I do quite often, but on Instagram the ah ha moment was, a cute knit I saw with patterning at the hem, and patterning at the neck.  The Instagrammer wearing it, put a cute little jean jacket over it and it was so dang cute.

This ah ha moment, reminded me I have four jean jacket like jackets in my closet, a yellow one, a hot pink one, a Caribbean blue one with yellow trim and a really truly jean jacket.  This revelation opened a whole new possible world of knits for me with cap sleeves.  

So, I am off to plan more Summer knits that may just have to be cast on right away!

Enjoy your Sunday, I am!

No comments: