Friday, June 21, 2019

It Is Officially Summer

Today, is the first day of Summer!  Come over to the Ravelry Group and let's talk about the Summer of Shawls here!

I am not giving up on my Summer Sweaters, but I just love knitting on shawls in the Summer.  Not being a total sock knitter, Summer Shawls are easy to take long and I usually have one tucked in my purse for just in case knitting.

I always have a finished shawl  in the back seat of my car, because you never know when you are going to need something to cover up in the air condition at a restaurant, the movies, traveling or at the end of an evening when the hot summer sun goes down.

I wear a lot of shawlettes come the Winter when at work.  They are great to pop over the many turtlenecks I have and they double as a nice warm scarf in the Winter winds.

This Summer in the Ravelry group pjknits, on the blog and the podcast, I'll be talking about shawls.  Shawls I have, shawls I wear, shawls I want to knit, shawl books I have, shawl patterns, shawl yarns and some of my favorite shawl designer.

My Summer Shawl cast on today for the first day of Summer is going to be Shadow Shawl by Antonia Shankland.  I am using some super cool yarn that was a gift from my friend, along with the pattern.  It has some sparkle to it, and cannot wait to do some knitting on it.


Enjoy your first day of Summer, and hey, how about casting on a shawl?!

No comments: