Sunday, April 26, 2020

A New Week, Almost A New Month

I cannot believe that we are almost into May, can you?  Finally, we have some sunshine today and no wind in Central Illinois.  I am starting to make a plan for the next month, counting the days to retirement at the end of May and so much to be done at work before then, to try and make it easier for them when they are without me.

It's funny, when I look around at how chaotic my house seems to be while working from home.  So many things seem to get dumped.   I  am mentally making lists of things that I want to start on when I get a spare minute, and first up is to start putting somethings back in their places.



Years ago, I was an avid sewer and machine quilter and hoping to be able to get back to it.  When we moved into our new house five years ago, all the sewing and quilting supplies went immediately to the basement, as I knew it would be sometime before I could add sewing back into my crafting, with working and knitting everything in site.  Now, as I look to the future, and as soon as my current finished object, the Claire Poncho is off the table from blocking, I am going to put my sewing machine up on the table and make sure it is in good working order.  If I get a thumbs up from it, I am going to start ordering a sewing area from Ikea, so the Tall Guy can start putting it together, and then I can start pulling things out of boxes and really set the area up.

My nephew stopped by yesterday with a little present for me, which reminded me that he had asked for a quilt sometime back, so I would really like to get started on it for him after retirement.



I have been doing some knitting lately that includes a project that has been sitting around for a couple of months now, just waiting to be sewn together and the ribbing down the front and around the sleeves done.  I sat down last Saturday and sewed it together, finished the ribbings and a final blocking last week, and finally it is ready for wearing!  I will get some pictures later this week and post on Friday.

Claire is almost dry, so tomorrow, I am putting it on my agenda, after work, to sew it together, and then hopefully pictures for Friday again.

Both of those projects have been in the stash for a few years, and it certainly feels good to have them almost done, completely done!

The ongoing project that I blogged about recently, out of Shibui Pebble is slowing going, given the fineness of the yarn and needle and totally stockinette, but I am hopeful that it will be onto the collar with some t.v. time tonight.

It certainly feels good to be able to get some projects done for Spring and I am anxious to complete the current one and get to  another one planned for off the needles.

Hoping you are all having a good weekend, stay safe and well, and make it a good week.  Knit On!

No comments: