Tuesday, April 30, 2024

It Doesn't Take Much

 Mention a KAL and, well, I'm in.  A few weeks back on Saturday night Zoom, Rosie mentioned that she was doing a MKAL (Mystery Knit-a-long) with Kate Davies.  The MKAL was for a shawl and also along the way a read along of Margery Allingham books.  

I've never read her or even heard about her, but the Saturday night Zoom knitters pretty much like the same genre, and I am a fan of Kate Davies, so I decided to sign up.  This will also be one of the several shawls I will be knitting for the PJKnits Summer of Shawls 2024. LOL

First up I went to PYS, and spent nearly an entire afternoon, trying to find some finger weight yarns that would work.  Unfortunately, and believe it or not, I did not have enough or enough colors to go into the shawl.  So, I went to my LYS, and found some Cascade Heritages that would fit the bill or so I thought.

I spent most of the afternoon again swatching and at the same time, second guessing my choices, pulling one more possible out of my leftover bin.  Using my handy mono function on my phone, I played around with the possible choices.


I was all set to sub out dark teal and put the purple in after swatching both with and without it.





And then, right before it went into the blocking bath, I've decided on leaving it in, and this would have been the new and final order of the swatch, if I did it again.

And thats it.  I'm done thinking about the colors for it.  Call it done!

No comments: