Friday, July 30, 2004

Well, tomorrow is D-Day! It is the last day of July and I swore to myself that I would start on Fall/Winter on the 1st of July. I guess I didn't just say that I would start on Fall/Winter, I said I would put the Summer knitting away didn't I? I guess that means I can't sneak knit on it then? Bt who would know? Well of course I would have to tell all about the finished project if it came to that wouldn't I?

Anyway, I am so excited about what is going on around me these days. I guess August 1 is like New Year's eve only in the Summer. It is a new month, it starts on Sunday (the day I always start my Weight Watchers week over and vow to be on points). On Monday evening, after more than 10 years of being our church treasurer, I get to train someone new to take over for me. It has been a long time in coming, the search started in April and they finally talked someone to take on the new job! I hope by the time I head out for Stitches Midwest in mid month, that he will be fully trained, and I only will have to go back for maybe the odd question or two at month end or year end.

Then, having not even trained someone, I am going to become a lia sophia jewelry advisor! lia sophia, if you haven't heard was formally known as Lady Remington. I will tell more when I know more, but I am doing my starter show in two weeks, here at the house. I hope to have at least one of my sons on his way back to college so I can get his stuff out of "his room" and my yarn back into "my room". "My room" is really Willie's bed room, but possession is 9/10.

Anyway, stay tuned for more developments. Tomorrow, we are back to Mary's Yarn Shop in Eureka to knit and then to Washington lunch! If you ever are down this way, you have got to stop in and see Mary and tell her Penny sent you. It is great to finally have a "local" yarn shop just a half an hour or so away..

No comments: