Monday, February 26, 2007

I Have Alot To Tell

But, at the moment, I just want to sit in my chair, drink a diet coke and do nothing!

Short version - Julie picked me up on Friday around 12:30. We went off to Ames, Iowa to Arnhild's camp. We stopped at a yarn shop on the way. The weather turned into rain, hail, freezing rain, back to rain.

Friday night, it began to freeze rain. Saturday afternoon, after a morning of freezing rain, it commenced to snow. It was what they were calling a two sided storm in Iowa. It snowed another 10 -12 inches on top of the freezing rain!

We could not get out on Sunday, so we spent another night! It took us over an hour to clean off the car and get the doors to open. I just got home.

I had a great time and Julie and her sister and I have already put it on our calendar for next year.

More info to follow in the days ahead! Suffice it to say, I'm glad to be home and after just a bit of a rest I am going to swatch for a new sweater!

No comments: