Saturday, September 20, 2008

We Had A Great Day Today

Norma, Karen and I met over at Knit 4 Together in Dunlap for some yarn shopping. The first surprise of the day was that since last weekend was so rainy and crappy for their Dunlap Days and sale, they continued the sale today! Well, you know what that means? Yep!

I got a really good deal on yarns for three sweaters. Two, I know what they are going to be, the third, when, I left the store, I knew what it was going to be. Now, I am having another thought and can hardly wait to knit a gauge swatch and see what it is going to be.

The second surprise of the day was that instead of closing at 1:00, they stayed open until 3, so we sat around and knitted, went over to Joe's and had lunch and then came back for some more yarn shopping and knitting. Claudia stopped in and brought some to die for cookies.

The third surprise was at lunch. When we walked in we saw one of our older knitting friends (not old as in age, but old as in knew along time) at Joes. Joe and Char had biked out to Dunlap and were having lunch. What a surprise!

What a great day it was, and that is what I like about Knit 4 Together. It could be a Cheers type of yarn shop. I hope this Fall and Winter we are able to do this more.

The best surprise of all of the day -- all of the new yarn they are getting in and soon to be in Galway. I tried on Karen's sweater again today that she knitted and I think I can get away with it. I have to get knittin on some of what I bought today so I can get some Galway when it comes in. Oy! This is a sickness, but one I love having.

No comments: