Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pretty Darn Proud

I've been spending alot of time the last few nights working on my Green Sweater. I just started the last sleeve, and I am pretty sure I am going to need one more skein of yarn. I think I'll know more later tonight....but I may just order one anyway.

What I am most proud of is last nights knitting. I didn't knit much, but rather, sewed down the hem of the first sleeve....it was the first time I have done it successfully. The other couple of times that I have tried sewing down live stitches, have met with disaster and I have switched them to some other finishing! But, this time, I am pretty damn proud of the outcome!

So after I finished the sleeve, I went ahead and sewed down the rest of the raw stitches on the neck and the hem facings....not as good as the sleeve, but still, I am absolutely thrilled that the sweater didn't go flying across the room!

When finished last night, there was a bit of stress related pain across the back of the neck, but still, I felt really good with what I had accomplished!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Very nice. Can't wait to see it in person!