Sunday, June 28, 2015

Gorgeous With a Capital G

What a beautiful weekend!  We hosted my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's 25th Surprise Anniversary Party yesterday.  They were genuinely surprised and did not have a clue that their daughter was coming in with her family for the party.  The four kids (two from each of their previous marriages) put it all together, I just provided the place and drink.  It was so neat to see how they all four came together and put on a special party for their parents.  It was a lot of work, but I was pleased as punch that we had a big enough house to do it.  With 16 yesterday, though, I am thinking we may have bought too small of a house.  (Don't tell the Tall Guy I said that!)

Now, with all of that done, it is time to look forward to Knit Camp, in just 1 1/2 weeks.  I've got some knitting to finish for my potential contest entry.

And a shawl to bind off and block.

And a shawl to re-do the bind off on.

And a shawl to wash up and re-block.

So, it would seem for now, there are a few shawls in my knitting queue.  I'll show you pictures after camp.

For now, enjoy this drop dead gorgeous day, I am heading out to the porch to knit my Sunday away!


No comments: