Sunday, November 22, 2015

Contemplating

 What a drop dead gorgeous sunny day!  Chilly yes, but from my chair this morning, it is beautiful.  And I love watching the little sparrows jump around or our porch.


You know when I went to bed last night, I had every intention of posting today about sweaters and sweater knitting, but the truth of the matter is that this morning, my mind is every where but sweater knitting.  Oh, it is very much on knitting, but more towards warm shawls and cowls and scarves and things to keep the upper body warm.  As I found out yesterday when I was wearing my cowl.  You know I discovered I liked those things up and around my neck.


A few weeks back before the shop closed, one of my knitting friends, Kathy came in with a cowl she had knit fairly quickly out of one skein of Boboli.  It did not take long and we were all oooing and aaahhing over it and before you know it, we I was buying two skeins of Boboli (because I like mine doubled as above and then I bought some  Peruvia Quick to make a second one for me.  I mean seriously how many of these things do I need?!  Maybe one for every day.


Fast forward to my birthday (I know you are saying get to the point) when we went over to Bloomington to a new shop that opened up, Le Mouton Rouge and I tried on a super cute little hat that I would totally knit and wear (what is happening to me as I age?)  And decided the aforementioned
Boboli would be great in this hat for me.


Or lets just buy another skein of Boboli for the hat in a different color way or make a cowl in the shorter version.


While there, I zoned in on a yarn that Knit 4 Tog only had one bag of red last year (of which I didn't managed to get any of), and bought for me for oh you already know where I am going with this - a cowl.  


Now, you know the story of why I am not blogging about sweaters today.  Well, kind of.  Because with Thanksgiving rapidly approaching (we are having everyone here), there is just no time for knitting sweaters.  Cowls and scarves and easy to throw down knitting when baking pies and greeting grand babies as they wake up is the knitting for me for the next week.

I've got a couple of posts percolating for this week in between work (yea, it's a short week), cleaning and Thanksgiving prep, have a good week and I'll catch you on the purl side.


No comments: