Friday, November 27, 2015

Finally Finished Friday

Finally, I have finished objects to show!

I don't even know how long ago I started the Boneyard Shawl.  I cannot find it in any of my project notebooks, but while looking I did have some fun going down memory lane.


The Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West, a perfect in public knitting project,  will be making it's way to the Hospice Home next month.  I really want to be able to take a shawl or blanket each time we meet next year.  It just feels so good to be involved in this ministry.

Also, finished was this super quick knit cowl.  I cast on one day and finished the next.  The yarn is Berroco Brio, a super chunky with some great colors  and a thread of iridescent in it.


This one is the first of many cowls, scarves and neck wraps to go into a bin that I am starting for the Girls Holiday Bash in 2017, which hopefully will be commerating my final full year of working.  Every year, two of my friends at work and I host a party for all of the females at the College to celebrate the holidays.  There is a fun theme and games, and food and prizes.

 Several years back I and my dear friend Norma, knit scarves for all of the ladies (40 ish in total) as their  surprise gift.  I thought it was quite fitting that the last one I am going to be involved in should be another scarf or cowl.  I don't have Norma to help me, but I think with a couple of years to get them done AND the many patterns and yarns I have in the Yarn Room that it can be easily done.  And I can make use of the knitting in public time for them.

But not yet, because I've got some Christmas Knits to be done first!  Until tomorrow, have a great knitting day!

No comments: