Friday, February 09, 2018

Friday Finds


Love my new toy!  
 

I am an avid watcher of Knitting You Tube channels and up until late December had been accessing them on my t.v. through my Amazon Firestick.  But, it seems that Google was having an issue with Amazon because they wouldn't let them sell their Google Chromcast thingy through their website.  So, Google said, you people who are using your Amazon Firestick can no longer use it to watch You Tube starting the first of January.

 One day, late in December, way before the first of January, You Tube could no longer be viewed.  I went out and bought a Chromecast for both me and the Tall Guy.  I hated it from the start.  No longer could I use my remote for it, but now, had to use either my phone or iPad.  I did, but really really hated it and was just not happy with the way the whole Chromecast thingy performed.  The Tall Guy listened to me growl for about six weeks.

UNTIL - he happened to do some investigation on line and found Roku!  And you know what??  It behaves just like my firestick and I can access all the things I was doing with my firestick. 

Love it!  And Chromecast, you, I dislike!!! 

No comments: