Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Camp Preparedness

It's Camp Preparedness Day.  Despite the fact that work keeps trying to rear it's ugly head and ruin the good feeling I had going, I am motoring through it and getting ready to take off tomorrow for my annual trek to Marshfield WI with knitting camp roomie, Linda.  


When I stopped to think about how many camps I've/we've been to I came up with this being my 15th year, not consecutively, Linda and I's 11th year of going and Schoolhouse Press's 45th year of knitting camps. WOW!

Trying to figure out what projects to take to camp is harder than trying to come up with what clothes to take!  But, I've narrowed it down to four.  All four came out of my notebook ( I can tell it is my notebook because it has my name on it).

About a month ago, I decided to get serious about my knitting timeline and objects that have sort of a deadline and made a page in my notebook for every month from June through December.  On the pages, I made a rough thought of knitting projects I would like to have done and some soft due dates.

I am pleased to say that June was a success and July is looking pretty good too.


At the bottom of the pages, for each month, I penned in what I might like to be working on for certain time frames.  And by soft, I mean, subject to change.  Already, the Vertices Unite is not something I am taking to camp to knit on, but rather, another wrap that I bought last year at Stitches Midwest and hope to have done to take with me there.


I know, I know, some may say this takes the fun out of it, but for me, I needed a clear thought as to what I need to be knitting on and when.  And I'd like to say that it is helping to NOT buy yarn, just because.

Hey, it is my story and I'm sticking to it.  Keep Kool Knitters!


No comments: