Friday, July 27, 2018

Finally Finished Friday - My Sweater Project

I finally got my Featherweight out of Three Irish Girls Yarn blocked and picture ready.  I bought the yarn last year from their booth last year at Stitches Midwest after seeing and trying on a peach one.  I loved it from the get go and knew I had to knit it as soon as I saw the turquoise yarn.



I have a few issues with the finished project among them lately seem to be having some of those bleeding issues when I go to block these bright colors.  My fellow peoria knit wits keep telling me about a product called Color Catcher, and I need to add this to my shopping list.  

I always have an issue with the ribbing bands on sweaters like these.  No matter how much I pin those bottoms down they always want to pull up like above.  I wondering about a solution to that?

The reason I loved this Featherweight from first sight in their booth was that it was knit on a larger gauge than normally, which gave length to it and to the sleeves.  In my quest to do both, I did not have sufficient yarn to make the sleeves have a great transition from the body, and had to use almost every bit of the colors to get them to be where I wanted to.  

I am not going to say that this is my fave sweater of all time, but rather, one I can see me throwing on to wear on the weekend or dashing out somewhere.

It will remind me that I need to up my sweater knitting game this Fall and knit better sweaters not just faster sweaters!

Happy Weekend!






No comments: