Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Swatching for The Lovely Tee

I know I know, Linda P, swatches lie....

But, I'm sometimes a rule follower, and I almost always swatch.

For my Lovely Tee, I swatched on my new Chiagoo Shortie needles, casting on 80 stitches. I started out with less, but could not get around easily so I upped it to 80 sts.


Unblocked my gauge was almost 7 stitches per inch and blocked (yes, I block it too, so I can get a close thought as to how it is going to react after blocking and/or future washings.)

Blocked, it was about 6 1/2 stitches per inch, so deducing and using Cheryl’s theory, I am going with a size 6 for the body.
Pattern gauge has it at 6 stitches per inch.

I am using a method that Cheryl Oberle once told me about for a 30 stitch swatch, deducing what needle size to use when the first try doesn't work.  I have used it in the past with somewhat decent results, and thought for the purpose of this KAL, I would give it a try and share my findings.

Here is the link that Cheryl Oberle posted some years back, if you want to check it out.

Cheryl Oberle's 30 Stitch Swatch 

Stay tuned.

No comments: