Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Did It

I did the Channel Island Cast On for my Guernsey sweater. It took Meg's DVD instructions and the pictures from Beth Brown-Reinsel's Gansey Book, but I finally got two pieces cast on and the garter stitch done.

I am using the Rauma Yarn I bought from Arnhild in February. I'm getting a pretty close gauge with a Size 3 needle. I started out with a 24" needle. EZ said all I would ever need is a 16" and a 24" size needle, but I think I might have to disagree. You can get all of the stitches on a 24", but, I like to see them when they are spread out a bit. I think when you have 200 plus stitches on the needle, a 29" or 32" is better for my taste. And it seems to be easier knitting, I am not having to keep jerking the stitches around.

The Guernsey makes #35. Do you think I have a case of startitest?

No comments: