Sunday, April 29, 2007

When A WIP becomes A WIP Again

You know the problem with working on WIPS? When they are old WIPS, you can't remember where you bought the yarn. You can't just pop in and buy one more skein. So you toil with a WIP and get down to the last sleeve and don't have enough to complete it. You can't add another color, say white, because you have already finished off the bottom of the sweater and the other sleeve.
So what do you do? Well, in the case of the Tomten, I knitted off some yarn from the hood which was not finished off yet, completeing the second sleeve. So, now, if the shop I think I bought it from does not have another skein of it, I'll make it a collar instead of a hood.

So, the WIP goes back into the WIP pile for a week, or tomorrow night, I might just make it a collar, I think I have had enough of it.

What's next?

No comments: