Saturday, September 22, 2007

This Is Post #601

Can you believe it? Who would think I would have 601 things to say?

Today was going to be a cleaning day and a knit day and maybe I was going to go to Dunlap just to see if they got any more of the Green Cascade Tweed that I needed for my Adult Babies and Bears Sweater I am working on. Regular readers will remember that I had bought only four skeins of the green and was going to use it for the Ribwarmer. After several starts, I decided that the Cascade was just not substantial enough for it.

So, I decided to use it for another Adult Babies and Bears Sweater. My plan was to knit with for as long as two balls would go and then take the red, blue, and yellow that I picked up along the way to finish 1/2 of the side up. I found a solid olive green that would go good for the button bands and finishing. That was the plan.

Then, as I was knitting I kind of like just having a tweed one. At that point I was hopeful that I would have enough tweed. Not happening. Not enough. So, now I am going to revert back to the original plan without the yellow and see what the blue and red look like and use the solid olive as I first intended. I'll try the two colors toninght. If they don't go, then maybe have Char pick me up a skein of the tweed next weekend down in St. Louis.

So, why didn't I go to Dunlap? Well, around 10:00 this morning, we discovered that the tilet wasn't flushing quite right (remember a couple of weeks ago, when there was no water?), well, now it seems that the roots from the tree out front was clogging our wastewater line. So, we had to call Roto Rooter out and $230 later, we have an unclog line.

God, what else? No, really, I don't want an answer, I was just questioning! Or maybe, yet, just inquiring, I don't really want to know the answer.

No comments: