Thursday, April 10, 2008

Changing Horses In the Middle of A Stream

From a Dan Folgelberg song-
It became apparent a couple of weeks ago, while out at Knit 4 Together, that the brown sweater designed by Christiane was just not going to make it. You see I was trying to use from my stash some brown leftover Encore. It was kind of a quiet color and not much to work on. Then, when held against the sample sweater it was evident that I was using too small of a needle.

The intent was to rip it out and start with the brown again. I bought this new Encore for a shawl that Karen had made. It takes four skeins. Somehow, not thinking I bought 5 skeins. And since I made that discovery, it just seemed like the new Encore was calling to be knit into Christiane's sweater.

Here it is. Don't you just love the way the colors are coming out? It's me!

By the way, we are knitting at Knit 4 Together tonight at 6:00 if you want to join us. But, first I have to buy a shower gift for Saturday's shower.

Only 3 months before we will be winging our way to Knit Camp 2.75!

No comments: