Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tossing It Around

Saturdays and Sundays when there is nothing really planned other than the normal laundry, start me to thinkin, which is always a scary thought. Because the mind starts to wander about ways to incorporate my love of knitting AND making some extra money for yarn purchases (the tall guy says as if you need more yarn(who asked him?).

With two yarn shops in my driving vicinity, it is highly unlikely that I will ever have a yarn shop of my own (that and that whole winning the lottery thing). So, once again my thoughts travel to teaching knitting. I don't really want to teach beginners knitting, but would rather help someone venture past scarves into knitting their first sweater.

That is where my mind is wandering today. It is not something I can do right now (with the wedding just 5 weeks from today), but rather as a thought for after camp in July and a lead in to the late summer/early fall. And one must make samples - which leads to yet another sweater cast on, Norma! I always have liked the planning of a new garment, whether it was sewing or knitting, the imagining of what it will be like.

And so today, that is where Ravelry is taking me today. It's kind of fun having a weekend free of obligations, well not really free, there are some wedding things to work out, but relatively free. And it is chilly today, I see a sweater that needs worn.

No comments: