Saturday, September 12, 2009

We're Back!

Fellow Knitters, Sue, Debbie and I just got back from Stitches Midwest and the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival.

We had a blast. We went up Thursday morning and took classes on Thursday afternoon. Debbie and I did Japanese Short Rows (I'll show you that stuff in the next couple of days). The class was great and I will try the technique out in the very near future. Thursday night, we went to the market and WOW. More on that later too. We ate at Weber Grill with Pam and Jan, also fellow knitters from the area. After, Debbie, Sue and I went back to our suite and I taught them some Ravelry basics and then we stayed up til 3 am knitting and talking!

Jan was in our class and when she told where she was from, Debbie and I were both surprised that she was from our area. New knitting friends have been made.

Friday, Sue had two classes and Debbie and I shopped the market all day long. We met up with Pat, Jean, Norma, Barb, Val and Marilyn for lunch. Then when some went off to class, the rest of us migrated too and from the table while others shopped. What a great afternoon! Another group, Carol, Barb and another Sue migrated to our table as well as Pam and Jan.

Friday night, Sue, Debbie and I went to Wildfire to eat and then back to our suite for knitting. We didn't stay up as late last night (just midnight ish)and slept in a bit this morning.

This morning, we leisurely made our way over to the market for some last minute shopping and then took off for the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. There was a lot of things for the spinner there in two barns and some nice yarns. While shopping in one of the barns, I turned around and there was three ladies from Meg's camp from 2 years ago! It was so cool to see them again.

After an afternoon there, we decided that we didn't need to stay overnight and go back tomorrow, so we headed home tonight instead.

I've got my clothes unpacked and am thinking now about unloading all my purchases. Maybe for now I'll just lay them out on the bed and deal with them tomorrow. Of course, I'll blog about them as well too!

What a great time we had and I think we will do at least Stitches Midwest again.

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Glad to hear you made it home ok. Fun running into you yesterday.