Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturdays Are For Me Sundays Are For

getting caught up. In the last few weeks, we (I) have a routine. Saturdays are for me. I go to Dunlap and knit, maybe do a little shopping on my way home, then come home and do just what I want. It usually involves beer and pizza, watchin something fun on t.v. and more knitting.

On Sundays, after I finally get showered and dressed, I do stuff. The tall guy has been working on stripping and putting up the new door jams and now is working on my closet door, stripping, sanding, staining, varnishing. Me, I am still cleaning and sorting stuff to try and find new places for some things.

Last night, after the Cardinals lost, there was absolutely nothing I wanted to watch on t.v., so with my trusty laptop next to me (I love this thing), I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, getting caught up on the past four months of one of my favorite podcasts Stash and Burn.

While listening and checking out their show notes, I would knit a bit on a new project that I started yesterday at Knit Four Together, with the blessing of Sue and Debbie. More on that tomorrow.

In between all of this (I can be a multi-tasker), I happened to put into Ravelry a search on a yarn that I bought last February for something else. I bought 5 skeins of Rowan Cocoon. Since then, I have been trying to figure what else this yarn could be unsuccessfully (generally because I didn't have enough for anything new).

Last night, I happened upon two things on Ravelry. First, I checked those who had Cocoon in their stashes. I singled out just on those who had purple and then checked them out. Three or four of them who put the dye lot actually have my dye lot. So, maybe I could get more of my dye lot?

Second, someone else, (not in the Bilberry colorway that I have) made the cover vest from last Fall's issue of Debbie Bliss magazine, out of Rowan Cocoon. Double guess what? It took 5 skeins. Ah ha, that is just what I have. So, I casted on it as well in the early am. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! And if I don't have enough yarn, maybe I can get one of my fellow Ravelers with the same dye lot to sell me one.

So back to today, I am getting dressed here in a minute, and then today's clean up project is the Yarn Room. Time to get it in order! Also, in the yarn room is the closet that houses our next season's clothes. While getting the yarn room in order, I am going switch some clothes around as well.

In the next couple of days, I'll show you the two new projects and a semi finished one.

No comments: