Friday, April 18, 2014

Priorities

Today, we closed on our new home.


This morning before I went to closing, I started thinking about the possibilities of new knits for the new house.  I came up with a couple of goodies that have been noodlin around in my brain.  New washcloths for the kitchen.  I can knit on these as a nice no brainer project and leave them at the house for quick knitting breaks.


Originally, the block afghan was going to the new bedroom, but the shade of my Aqua yarn, I believe is going to be a bit off from my new bedding, so it is now going to grace a chair or my rocker in the yarn room.

I, also, have some Briar Rose yarn that I am going to knit on an afghan for the living room.  I am sure that it will go in it, no matter what I decide to actually paint the walls with.  I'd post a pic of the yarn, but I am not quite sure where it is right at the moment.

We are painting every room of the new two story house.  Have I mentioned how I hate painting?!  But, that doesn't start until tomorrow, when we are going to try and get the Yarn Room and its closet painted.

However, today, I have my priorities.  Today, I cleaned the basement and scrubbed the unfinished floor.  In between cleaning of the basement, I took a bit of time to just bask in my new surroundings.  (Baby Boy B was closing on his new house, and the Tall Guy had to go back to work after we closed this morning.)  While basking in my new living room (and trying to decide which paint color should go in there), I did just a bit of knitting.  You see, I brought my rocking chair and my knitting with me to christen the new house.  


I gave thought to doing it with wine, but talked myself out of it because I didn't have a corkscrew.  I just remembered as I type that I have a corkscrew in my purse, my Swiss Army knife.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.  

No comments: