Sunday, May 03, 2015

Drop Dead Gorgeous, Day 2

If you were in Central Illinois yesterday, or here at Chez Halverson, you know it was a good day.  The sky and weather was drop dead gorgeous.  And the Cardinals won!  This morning was just as pretty.


 I could not do my normal Saturday morning knitting routine as the yarn mobile is acting up and needs a service call which it is getting on Monday, so I had to stay home.  It did not stop me from having a bang up day all by myself.  Between laundry and cleaning out windows, I watched the game in the afternoon and knit.  And I worked a bit on the first of my knitting sweaters post.

I am finally at the end of the lace section of my Faroese Shawl and from here on to the end, it is lots of garter and keeping up with the decreases.  I love this style of shawl so much, I am already searching the stash to knit another one out of something a bit more soft.  


I also finished a repeat and started another repeat on my Hitofude out Sea Pearl.  Since I am such a loose knitter, my swatch indicated to me that I should use a size  1  needle.  I had a revelation yesterday while reading the pattern that I am knitting a sleeve, across the back and then the other sleeve.  More than likely, I am going to have to add a couple of repeats past what the pattern suggests to accomodate my pelican arms since when I gauge swatch I very rarely never pay any attention to row gauge.  


Hitofude, while having a pretty simple chart to follow is going to take me awhile.  I chose this dark charcoally color and you almost have to have a direct light over it when you were on it to make sure you or at least I can see what I am doing.  I am going to make this my night project when I am under good light.  I'd like to have it done for Knit Camp which is just a couple of months and a week away.

The Tall Guy finally got the chairs out on the front porch, so there  will be knitting out there today.


 We have got quite the rabbit pop in our front yard these days.


This morning verrrrry early we woke up and the Tall Guy saw about six rabbits all running around in front of the house in the street for about 10 minutes.  It was a bit dark, but the street light gave us a pretty good view of them.  What we could not see is what was going on with this tuft of grass.


 It moved a bit so we deduced that there was a rabbit there too.  Pretty soon, the rabbit took off down the street and all of "it's" little friends ran after it.


 The Tall Guy went out to check the tuft out and sure enough, there is a hole with the tuft of grass mixed with rabbit fur over it. A half an hour later, the rabbit was back gnawing on grass not to far away. 

The weather forecast for next week is mostly cloudy with some rain here and there, but for the most part, temperatures in Central Illinois are going to be in the 70's - 80.  I think we can safely say that the cold weather is gone.  This morning, however, would have been a nice morning for a sweater, so I do believe I'll start thinking about one to knit, how about you?

No comments: