Sunday, October 11, 2015

Another Fine Sunday in October

We are so very lucky to have these beautifully sunny Sundays to enjoy in Central Illinois!


My Sunday has been a little bit of everything, how about yours?  I started off finishing some laundry and while doing it and trying to get my 10,000 steps into day, I did a bit of cleaning and pulling out of the Halloween decorations.  At one time, my table looked a bit like the decorations splatted all over the table.


In anticipation of getting a call this week that perhaps a baby is ready to born, I pulled out my bag to start packing a few things and plan my knitting projects as well.


Then I spent a few hours on the computer, AGAIN, trying to find some shoes that I can wear for work and for play in the standby color, black.  I thought I had it nailed with a pair of Born's I bought a couple of weeks back, but when I went to put them on with hand knit socks and even thinner socks they were way too tight!  Yes, I tried them on at the store barefoot, and I thought I had a bit of room in them, but obviously not!  I'll take them back later this week and see if they have a half size up, which is a full size larger than I normally wear.  When did shoe shopping become as hard as jean and swimsuit shopping?  I never used to have this problem twenty years ago!  I could wear really cute shoes back then and never have to think how they would feel after a days work.

Okay, so these are not for work and they are not at all fashionable,  but I found an old pair of Birki's in the closet that were slated for the garbage pile.  When I tried to wear them barefoot earlier this Summer they just did not fit the bill any more.  But, after trying them on with my hand knit socks, I am thinking these may just work for weekend wear.  The feet felt pretty good.  But----maybe just around the house.


The rest of this lovely day was spent knitting and enjoying the cool breeze from the porch.  I know we don't have a lot of these days/nights to do it, so I am taking full advantage to do some knitting.

Right now, I am in Hospice knitting.  I really feel like I have not been giving it the attention it deserves and so I've got a couple that I am taking with me when the baby is born to work on.

I love they way this blanket is working up.  It is the Heavenly Heathers pattern that I have about three or four times for boy babies and I really enjoy knitting on it.  The yarn is Cascade Pacific and is doubled and on a size 11 needle.  It is so much fun to make it through one group of stripes, I am always anxious to see what the next one will look like.


Also, in progress for Hospice is the Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West.  A free pattern, this one is easily knit on while waiting and easy to throw in my purse to run and go with.   It doesn't take up a whole lot of room and can be knit in the back seat of the car in the dark if that is when we are called.  The yarn in Malabrigo.


Last but not least is still the Kimono Shawl.  It is a semi peace and quiet knitting shawl.  The pattern is easy enough to knit on in public if I don't have to talk too much, but I'll be saving it for those times in the early morning or late evening when I'm just hanging out.


And now, already the sun is salting to head downwards.  Gosh, when did it get to be so Fall?! See you on the purl side!

No comments: