Saturday, October 17, 2015

Stash Enhancement Saturday

Today was the Bishop Hill Fiber Guild's Spin In.  We had a wonderful day shopping, voting for our favorites in the contests and knitting.  

Although, I said the minute before I walked into the market that I was not buying any more yarn, I, of course made a bee line for Leading Men Fiberarts.  I was not expecting to see them there, but when I saw the Vacillate Shawl sample, I knew I was a goner.  They had it knit out of a gradient set (hot pink and gray gradients).  There were so many to choose from, but my knitting friends helped me step away from my normal Caribe Blue/Teal and I ended up with purple gradient set and Prom Queen.  You may remember at Stitches, one other gradient set followed my home, but in much different shades of purples.

Any who, I've had my eyeballs on the Vacillate Shawl pattern from sometime.  Megan over on the Stockinette Zombies Videocast knit one after Stitches Midwest in the coolest green and blue from Sun Valley Fibers.  I was super pleased to be able to pick up the pattern and the yarn to do one for me.


I was a bit disappointed in the lack of other yarn vendors at the Spin In, but I think the number of attendees might have been down as well, and perhaps that is the reason there was less yarn.  Even so, I managed to pick up some sheepy things for myself.


It was a great day with friends and I think we'll do it again next year.

No comments: