Saturday, January 02, 2016

2016 - The Year of the Great Fitting Sweater

I am still quite shocked that there were absolutely no sweaters finished on my list for 2016!  That is most unusual coming from the person that has practically knitted every design in Cheryl Oberle's Knitted Jackets.

I want to chalk it up to a couple of things.  1 - I kept thinking I'd lose a bit of weight and who wants to  put all that time into knitting a sweater and then have it swim on you, 2 - I spent a lot of 2015 knitting for others.  3 - I spent more time trying to figure out what sweater I wanted to knit with what yarn. (I've got so many options in both categories.)  Do I want to knit in one piece, knit it in pieces and sew together,  knit ala EZ or Knitting Pure and Simple?

 Shall it be a design by Amy Herzog, Bonne Marie, Joji Locatelli, Sunday Knits, Anne Hanson?  Should I pull out one that is already on the needles and kill two birds with one stone?

I can hear you out there, just choose one Penny, I'm getting tired just listening to you.

So, that is what I am doing for now.  I am pulling out one of my WIPS and knitting on it.  It is a straight forward knit, easy enough, it gives me a sweater to knit in public, is a nice transitional sweater that can be worn now at a higher weight and will be perfectly okay to wear when a few pounds lighter.  I am going to add waist shaping to it, something Bonne Marie Burns turned me onto many years ago.

Then, while I am knitting on it, I'll start at the beginning and we'll talk sweater knitting for 2016.  Let's make 2016 the year of the great fitting, wearable, classic sweater!  I am excited just thinking about it.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Working on a WIP...am proud of you!!! Happy New Year.