Sunday, January 17, 2016

What's On What's Off

Off the Needles --

It was a good thing that at 2 a.m. this morning that I decided to not start the 300+ stitch bind off on my Meteor Shower Shawl.  Cause this would have made me a bit cranky.  I ran out of yarn midway into the bind off this morning.  It is not because of the pattern or the yarn requirements, let me make that perfectly clear.  I did go up a size on the needle size then the pattern called for, so it is totally on me.


But, with a few modifications all is well and it is bound off with just inches left to spare.


Quicksilver is off the needles as well and all of the ends woven in.  I've decided to leave them hang until I block it and then I'll snip them off.


No work for me tomorrow as it is a state  holiday, MLK Day, so I will start with Meteor Shawl and block it and then if it dries quick enough, I'll soak Quicksilver and lay it out.  Meteor Shawl is to wear next week to Poppy's baptism and Quicksilver is for January Thaw at the end of the month.



On the needles--

Mona Lisa's big blankie has seen absolutely no knitting time this week.  I've been working on first the Quicksilver and then Meteor Shower and have had not time for knitting anything else.  It is kind of amazing, it you stick with something how it gets done, now isn't it?!


I would love to have Drachenfels done by the end of the month for January Thaw too and plus I have the perfect turtle neck that will go well with it.


And poor Labrouste.  It is still in the same state it was several weeks back when I was supposed to give it some time every night between 10 and 11.  That hasn't happened.  But perhaps, it is time for


A


Happy Sunday!

No comments: