Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Wednesday WIP - Fish or Cut Bait?

Just a few minutes after midnight, on the first day of 2018, I went into my spare room.  With the lights out, I reached into the top drawer and pulled out a WIP project bag.  No peeking, no feeling around, just reached in and pulled this bag out.


The bag itself is one of many my dear friend, Norma made for me.  It was so fitting that I pulled it out as we spent many New Year's Days together.  Every New Years Day, she would invite a bunch of us knitters to her house, where we would eat and knit together for a few hours.  Oh what fond memories that bag brought on the first day of the New Year and of course, more than a bit of sadness.

Inside the bag, was a Churchmouse Yarns scarf pattern and one  skein from Knit 4 Together Yarn Shop.


  When I decided to do a WIP a month, I was hopeful that I would cut down on my WIPS, but also hoping to get some of my Chicago needles back in their places.  Unfortunately, this one is an Addi Turbo needle, and not one of my favorites because of the not so sharp needle point.

But, I am venturing on with it, so this project is going to be a fish. 

Funny side note, on Saturday at knitting, we were talking about using the bread tags to act as bobbins.  The funny part is that when I pulled the WIP out of the bag, look what I had used to hold the long cast on end!


Have a great week!  Catch you on the purl side!  And stay warm!

No comments: