Sunday, January 28, 2018

January Thaw 2018

I'm home from a another wonderful weekend of knitting.  New friends on my list. New places to visit again.  Lots of knitting! Sun Valley Fibers host a January Thaw every year in Middleton Wisconsin. It starts Thursday night and concludes Saturday night with a swap of goodies.  Sun Valley has a teacher featured each year and classes are optional or you can spend your time shopping, knitting or wandering around the city or nearby mall!  The group is very welcoming and new friends are always made throughout the weekend.

I started out my weekend by stopping by this place!  This place is a craft megastore.  They have every kind of craft from soup to nuts!


And yarn.


Row after


row after


row of yarn.  This is just some of the rows!


The goodie bag was once again unbelievable.


And there were gifts!  My Knit Wit sister, Jan gave us chapstick/lipstick socks that she cranked on her knitting machine.  This thing came in so handy all weekend long and has a permanent place snapped to my bag.


And because of the stupid foot surgery last year when I couldn't go, my Knit Wit Sister, Pam gifted me this shawl that she knit with the goodie bag yarn and pattern from last year!  I love it and will treasure it.  And it is going to get a lot of use!


On Saturday night for those who want to, there is a swap.  You don't know who is going to get your bag, but when you get yours and open it, then the person tells the significance of why they chose the items they did.  Is this me or what?!


What a fantastic, laid back weekend this was.  Knitters are the best to hang out with and I can't wait to connect with this group again next year.  Good going Sun Valley Fibers!

No comments: