Saturday, January 20, 2018

Whats on the needles this week?

I've cast on a Hospice Blanket last week.  I am just getting around to blogging it this week, because I've been a slug lately and really immersed in finishing up my Knitmas present.  This Hospice blanket is a version of my one of my faves Heavenly Heathers, only I am not heathering it, just blocks of color.  


The colorways are the leftovers from my Hiro Sweater which is yet to be blocked.  I had a full skein plus leftovers of the sweater yarn and decided it would make a nice soft, cushy, cheery blanket for Hospice.  I am also going to be able to count it for ZK2018 Team 2 group entry for some major grams when I get it done.

The Nice Capades Sweater has been anything but nice to me lately.  This is about the third time I've had to rip it back.  First there was the "I don't like to alternate skein debacle".  This week it was the I'll switch to a size 4 needle from a size 7 needle through the waist section.  It really works when for waist shaping when the patterning is not conducive to decreasing.  Not this time.  The attempt at shaping was making the alternating of skeins almost useless.

I ripped it back this afternoon, way back and when I did, discovered a couple of missing stitches which was making the whole pattern off just a tad.  Now, we are back in business and I've just went down a needle size for the waist for a bit.


I'll see how that it looks in an inch or two and if I have to, go back to the original size of needle that I used for the lower half.

I feel like this one really wants me to wear it next Winter instead of this one!  But, knit on I shall!

Knit On!!

No comments: