Tuesday, September 04, 2018

A Totally Knitting Weekend!

It was the best long weekend!  I managed to do almost all my laundry on Friday night so the weekend was clear of that pesky job.  I celebrated a Knit Wit's birthday on Saturday evening, so we didn't knit on Saturday morning which is our norm.  Which meant I didn't have to get moving out the door until later in the day, and I could just sit back and knit the day away.

Going into the weekend, I sort of had a plan as to some things that I wanted to cast on for the weekend, and so I prepared them.  Three out of the four I cast cast on, the fourth was put on the back burner, because, well, I've got enough on the needles.


Over the three days, I've made some practice on my Veronika, the pjknits KAL.


It was a hot weekend, but there was a bit of nice breeze on Sunday night, so I did get to knit a bit on the porch.


And finally, yesterday, I made into the back of Veronika.  It will be a while before the back is completed, because there is quite a bit of knitting to be done.


I cast on Turtle Dove out of Woolfolk Luft.  It really could have waited for the cast on, but I was kind of anxious to cast it on.  I've used Luft before in a cowl, but this time am doing a sweater, and like I blogged about before, it is not my normal sweater, but something totally fun.


And the last thing I cast on was a cowl for Baby Boy B's fiancée.  It is going to be just a fun knit and it is yet to be decided if it is a birthday present or a Christmas present.


There were several other things I was just dyeing to cast on this past weekend, but I'll save them for another weekend, long or short.  Have a great knitting week!!

No comments: