Monday, September 24, 2018

Beautiful Weekend - Just Need More

Not a typical weekend for us here at Chez PJKnits.  Both days were drop dead gorgeous and the sky was critically clear (not a cloud in the sky).  The Tall Guy said Saturday seemed like Sunday, probably because I stayed home to get ready for our guest who was coming to stay with us a week.


He was up on Sunday at 4:00 a.m., but that is okay, because that is the Tall Guy's normal getting up time.  We wanted to take him for his early morning walk, because we both work, and figured we would see what it was like.  We both decided, he is not going to get an early morning walk, it is just too dark in our neighborhood before the Tall Guy leaves for work, and I cannot handle him alone on the long walks.

He is a husky and by design, he is fast and likes to go after animals.  These pics show him patiently waiting for the chipmunk to come out of the tree he chased him up.  The chipmunk did not come back down, but he'll be keeping tabs on him whenever he goes out.  And I am okay with that, because this is the same chipmunk who nabbed one of our baby cardinal birdies out its nest a few weeks ago.  And frankly, he is way too close to the rodent species that I dislike.  Funny thing, when I was younger and we would go to Minnesota, I love watching and trying to feed the chipmunks.  Yes, I have gotten older and like them not at all.

So for the next week, this lovely will be getting lots of attention from us. This should be very interesting.


And on the purl side, I finished my Veronika Cardi today!  It made me so happy to cast it off this afternoon.  Later this week, I'll block and maybe sew it up so it is ready for wearing.  


The weekend is over, but it looks like there is some nice weather sticking around, and I'm going to take advantage of it during my lunch hours this week.  Just need to plan my what the next project is going to be.

Have a great week!

No comments: