Sunday, September 30, 2018

What's Next?

Veronika is on the table downstairs blocking.  Kane, the grand dog has went home and I'm kicking around doing some swatch knitting this afternoon, watching my beloved Cardinals that are now out of the running for post season play their last game of the season.

Susan and Sally Rainey, aka The Rainey Sisters published a sweater pattern a week ago, Pickpocket.  I got a bit of a sneak preview at Knitting Camp last July and since I am into My Sweater Project for Fall, their new pattern hits the bill!

Their Pickpockets were knit out of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter yarn.  As it happens, I had purchased a sweater quantity of Shelter that had been earmarked for The Weekender.  But, when I got the new pattern, saw that it was knit out of Shelter, well, I figured I might just as well use mine for Pickpocket.

The problem was that Pickpocket has a neck trim and pockets that need a contrasting color and I did not have one in Shelter.  Consequently, I headed out to Ravelry and searched on projects that were knit with two colors.  And narrowed the search down to where one of the color ways was the one I had a sweater quantity in, Tartan.   I filtered out those that I did not want around my face or were too limiting when it comes to what I could wear it with.  

This contrasting color has been harder than one would think.  Here is what I ended up with.


The sweater yarn is the lower left.  The lower right is Cinnabar, a orangey red.  I like this one, but I am wondering two things, is it too limiting?  And even though neither of them are Christmas colors, I am wondering if it is a bit reminiscent of Holidays?  The top right is a black.  I am more inclined to it right now just because I think the pockets out of the two of these will show well, but black is not the greatest for me around my face, but it is just a small bit.  The top right is a deep blue, but not enough contrast.  

Now, the smart person should swatch a pocket or two from the pattern and then make a decision, right?! 

But, then that darn Brooklyn Tweed introduced three new colors this week.


And I think I need order all three and maybe a cranberry to try, WHAT?!

So, now dear reader, you know that I don't know what is next for My Sweater Project, I think I'll go with the red.

Catch you on the purl side.

No comments: