Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Finds

I wanted to share a book that I recently heard about on a podcast and then had to buy the hardcover version.   When I shared it on Instagram, Chris from Briar Rose Fibers commented that she has several samples from the book that had been knit out of her yarns.



The book put out by Quince and Co is all about triangle shawls, but not just your ordinary  shawl.  There are top down, bottom up,  and side ways triangle shawls.  The book has lots of useful information as well, the tab cast on, increases and decreases , and a stretch bind off.

The shawls are elegant and soft looking.  There is texture and lace patterns, and I may steal some the charts to add to hospice or Faroese shawl borders.

I ordered mine directly from Quince and Co, because I like a hard copy of books, but I also got the download version that I can save to my iBooks, if I want to print off the chart or pattern for just one.  The download comes right after purchase to your email so you can start knitting right away, if you choose, but I waited, because I wanted to savor the book itself.

I am totally looking forward to casting on some for Summer of Shawls.

I give this book two 👍 👍 up!

No comments: