Thursday, March 26, 2020

Hospice

Today would have been our Hospice Prayer Shawl meeting.  I really missed it.  It is two times a month to get together with friends at knit for our local Hospice.  It is so calming, and after a meeting, I walk away with such a sense of peace and ready to tackle the world, aka work right now.

But, with what is going on in the world today, we had to forgo this week.  I am ever hopeful by the next time, we will be able to get together, but, I am afraid that may not happen.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some Hospice Prayer Shawls I am working on.

I needed a simple cast on to work on, so a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I had a pretty good skein of 4th of July from Briar Rose Fibers left from my Weekender.  I found a pattern in my folder of Hospice shawls, called the Raglan Shawl Recipe.  Straight stockinette with raglan increases that end with a bit of lace at the end.

I will knit on it til I run out of yarn, and will have used all of the leftovers of this yarn up.


An ongoing project for sometime for Hospice has been The Kimono Shawl from one of my favorite books, Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle.  This is going to be a wrap and is not a super quick pattern, but I am having some fun with it, this week.   The yarn is Rylie by Hikoo, and is a nice yarn to work with and well, I don't knit a whole lot of purple, but certainly is fun to switch it up every once in a while.


Knitting at home is not the same as knitting with the Hospice Ladies, but when we all get back, hopefully, in the next month or so, we will have so many nice donations for the Home as well as stories to tell about our knitting through shelter at home.

I hope and pray for all you dear knitters that you are well and knitting something fun during this time.

Knit on with confidence and hope!

No comments: