Saturday, March 14, 2020

Not Really Spring Yet

Ok, so I was optimistic about Spring.  We are getting a bit of snow here today on this Saturday in Central Illinois, but its a wet snow, and not sticking to the roads, but to the grass.  I can deal with that because it will be gone soon.

I have been doing some Spring sweater knitting though.  Originally, I bought the coral yarn for this sweater and did a swatch.


Once I swatched for it, I felt like it was going to be one boring knit all in one color.  So, I took the yarn back to my local yarn shop and decided to do a multi colored one like this.


Unfortunately, when my LYS bought the yarn she didn't buy all the same colors as in the pattern.  Now, I could have bought what she had colors in and ordered the rest, as my friend did, and it would made a stunning Spring sweater.  But, two things occurred to me.  I really didn't want a sweater exactly like my good friend was going to knit, and I thought, how about if I went with the colors my LYS actually had.


I am pleased with my selection, with the exception of those two colors in the middle, but at this point I am not ripping back, just motoring ahead.  This has been a fast knit, and I just love seeing how it comes together adding each next section.

It is going to be a great Spring/Summer sweater and has me psyched to knit some more sweaters when the season finally appears.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: