Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wednesday Website

During these times of knitting festivals being cancelled, shops having to close, I am taking this opportunity to share with you dear blog readers some of my favorite small knitting related businesses that I want to call your attention to.

Feel free to support them if you so desire and send them some love.

First up, is Briar Rose Fibers.   Click https://www.briarrosefibers.net  to see all of her fantastic yarns.

 I first met Chris, the dyer and owner at Meg Swansen's knitting camp many years back.  Right from the get go, I loved her yarns.  So many bases in so many lovely earthy colors.  And from that first meeting at camp, I found out just how generous and kind she was.

Recently, Chris donated yarns for our Peoria Hospice Prayer Shawl Group.  Everyone was so appreciative of her gift and I cannot wait to see what shawls and blankets become of them.

I have used several of her yarns in garments for myself and a cowl for our Girls' Holiday Bash last December.  I ❤️ them all, but I have to say my all time fave is Wistful, but 4th of July seems to be a close second.

Cusco by Cheryl Oberle out of Wistful



 Summer Solstice by Heidi Kirrmaier out of Wistful


The cowl for the Holiday Bash, which was also a big swatch out of 4th of July


for The Weekender by Andrea Mowry


And 4th of July is next up for Night Shift by Andrea Mowry


But, I cannot leave off Briar Rose Fibers Sea Pearl with a bit of shine to it that I knit my Pavement sweater out of on my trip to and from Florida a couple of years back.


Oh this isn't all of the things I have knit with Briar Rose Fibers yarn, and not all of my stash from Chris, but, stay tuned this Spring and Summer to see more.

In the mean time, I hope you will scoot on over to her website and check her yarns out!

Knit on with confidence and hope through all crisis - Elizabeth Zimmermann

No comments: