Saturday, October 24, 2020

Socktober Saturday

One week until the end of October and it will be Halloween.  How did that happen?

Which means it will be the end of Socktober and for at least me, it will be full fledge Christmas knitting, but let's don't get ahead of the calendar quite yet!

And, unfortunately, my poor socks for Soctober are well behind where I wanted them to be right now, but I am going to concentrate on them today for Socktober Saturday.

I was wondering what needles you dear readers like to use for knitting your socks?  

Me?  I am a DPN gal!  I've tried the small circular needles, but my hands just do not like those small circumferences these days.

I started out with buying the set of Knitpicks Harmony DPNs and used them for quite a while.  Then, on a knitting weekend, we stopped at a shop in Janesville and I purchased a set of Carbonz DPNs.  I used them quite a lot and they were my preference for a long time, until Susan B Anderson did a series of blogposts on how she knit her socks.  She was using Signature DPNs and of course, I had to try them out.  I am using them quite a bit, 

 but as a PSA I have to warn you that they are truly stiletto tips so be careful or you could be sporting a bandaid on the tips of your fingers!



No comments: