Friday, February 26, 2021

Finally Finished Friday - Storm Mountain

We have certainly had a week or two of weather here in Central Illinois.  So it is so fitting that today's Finally Finished Friday post should be my Storm Mountain for the TopThis2021KAL that I am hosting all year long.

First up is my inspiration photo from about 6 years ago. 


 I knew that I had a couple of pieces of the ensemble, the shoes, jewelry, purse, turtleneck, along with the Downover  shawl from Cheryl Oberle that I knit many years back.  All I needed was the sweater to go with.


It took a bit of looking, but I finally settled on Heidi Kirrmaier's Storm Mountain or at least my version of it.





 Then the yarn.  Do you know how difficult it is to locate just the right color of gray?  As it happened, I had a color card from Carol Sunday, that I could hold up to my shawl and found just the color and weight I needed in her Eden yarn. Can I just say how utterly soft this yarn is?!  And that I will be using it again.  





It took me longer to knit the sweater than I anticipated as it is a lot of knitting, but I am totally happy with the result.  It goes with the shawl just as I wanted it to!






And I am happy with the end result of the ensemble.



Although, I am still looking for just the perfect red tote to go with it.  But, a minor point, I am sure Kate will come through with something soon.




No comments: