Monday, June 14, 2021

Scrappy Sunday

 I was a bit bored the last weekend with my current knitting projects.  Maybe because there is a lot of knitting stockinette in the round on two sweaters, and the other  a shawl that is  a 12 row repeat which seems like forever until I will be done with it.

I was very close to casting on something new, but talked myself out of adding another WIP to my knitting, so I pulled out my crochet scrappy blanket that really needed some work done on it.


I made a bit of progress on Saturday, and surprisingly, enjoyed the rhythm of the crochet. 

Crochet brings fond memories of when we were just married a year and moved into apartments across the street from myAunt Ellie.  She was a crocheter and we would spend many a night in her cool swing that my Uncle Ben built for her, swinging and crocheting and watching the cars go by. 



So when Sundays come around, I have decided to crochet at least a row on super wide scrappy blanket. For those who don't know, first the scrap finger weight yarn goes into the mitered square blanket, then into the basket for a row on the crochet blanket (or until the tiny ball runs out) and then into a baggie for Allison who is also knitting a mitered square blanket, but smaller size squares.

Again, it was kind of fun crocheting a couple of rows ( I couldn't just stop with one) and I might do some more today just for fun.


And of course, another square went into the mitered square blanket.  This yarn, I believe was Taiyo, which is a bit rougher than the others, but, I am not being a snob at all about the yarns that go into it, I'll use any.


Then, to finish out the day (the Tall Guy just had to remark that I was doing yet another project, which yielded him a bit of attitude from pjknits), a couple of colors into the Habitation Throw.

Which brings me to today's knitting..., but I'll save that for tomorrow's blog. Hope you are having a great start to your week! 






No comments: