Saturday, June 19, 2021

Tomorrow - It's Official

 The first official day  of Summer starts!


That means Summer of Shawls starts and goes through Tuesday, September 21st.  Post your shawls in the Ravelry group under Summer of Shawls 2021, tell us what you are knitting, what shawls you finished or what shawls you wish you had time to knit.

Also, use the #summerofshawls on Instagram.

I finally narrowed my shawl knitting down to start with these two:

The Half + Half Triangles Wrap, a free pattern from Purl Soho out of their finger weight Linen Quill yarn.  I am knitting this in conjunction with the CadyJax Knits podcast on you tube.  It needs to be done in time for Rhinebeck, even though, I won't be attending. But, I have high hopes that it will be done long before that, because I have several other shawls that I am dying to cast on and several WIPS in the closet that I want to do this Summer.

This is going to be my Riverfront knitting and mostly all knitting in public or while watching t.v. or knitting on the porch until I get it done.


The second one is the Spanish Christening Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls book.  This book is my all time fave, not just because I know Cheryl, but because I am a total fan of almost all of the shawls in this book.


The Christening Shawl is for my new grandson that will be born sometime in July and is the first of some Christening Shawls that I want to knit for all of grandkids as keepsakes for their children, but lets do one at a time for now.

This one is out of Dale Baby Ull, which I totally love, but unfortunately, no longer available. dang.



I've blogged about this one before, and it's not bad to do while watchng t.v., so I will be motoring along on it at night.

Shawls are the best for Summer knitting, aren't they?  You can always use one for in the AC, now that we are opening a bit up and if not ready for Summer, you will be set for Fall when we Fall for Shawls again.

Hope you will join us!

No comments: