Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Setting Aside

 Usually on Sundays, I sit down and gather my thoughts for the coming week, along with where I want to go with my knitting.  This week, it took me a few days, partly because I was all over the place with my knitting, partly about what I thought I should be knitting on, given the self imposed time lines that I have given myself.

I think it is still a good practice for me, to have a sense of timelines, otherwise nothing would ever get done.  That is also the down side of having many WIPS, so many possibilities! 

One of the projects that I have been taking to the river, was a new larger poncho for Miss M.  It's not a whole lot of fun to knit, but it is some nice public knitting.


And I was thinking it would be a great addition to her birthday presents for next month, but really when I got to thinking about it yesterday, I realized a couple of things.

1. She is not going to be able to wear it until this Fall (which gives me plenty of time to knit it, later)

2. I've got other more pressing knitting that I want to be doing.

3, And by setting it aside, it will give me a chance to measure the one I knit for her several years ago, and has grown too small, to make sure I get the measurements right on it.

So, I've put it back into it's bag.


And feel so much better about setting it aside.


For now.

No comments: